How to take good pictures
You don’t need to be a professional photographer or to own expensive equipment to use Snap Animal App. Here are few recommendations you can follow when you start taking pictures of your animals:
- Always make sure that you have enough light to take a clear picture of your animal.
- Focus on the head of the animal, by using the zoom option or by getting closer. Try to avoid most of the background, but without excluding the ears or horns of the animal.
- Snap Animal App has an autofocus feature, but sometimes your pictures may appear a little bit blurred. To avoid that, hold the phone steadily in your hands, or use one of your hands as a base. Click gently on the snap button and keep the phone still for a moment after the snap. You can also follow the “classic photographers” advice and hold your breath while taking the picture!
- If there is a lot of backlight in your picture, you can use the flash to balance it out. The stronger the backlight, the closer you need to get to the subject of the picture.
- To get perfect still pictures, in particular from the side, you will need to distract your animal: for example by putting an object on the opposite side from your picture.
You can download this card to keep a quick guide with you at any time.